Mailing List Archive

Openstack+Quantum+OVS Internals - Doubts
Hi Guys-

I have found the solution to my Second Doubt

Link: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/devref/rpc.html

and Thanks Emilien for clearing my 3rd Doubt.

But still in need of help.

Can you any one validate my understanding with the data flow in
Nova+Quantum scenario for bringing up the VM instances.

*[Trinath] *The flow as follows

1. Upon receiving an REST call from Horizon, Nova API collected the
Networking information from the nova_network and prepares an JSON formatted
request and update the AMQP Queue.
2. AMQP sends an Async cast to Nova Compute. Upon receiving the cast,
Nova Compute issues _create_instance and updates the AMQP queue. AMQP queue
sends an Async cast to Scheduler.
3. Upon receiving the cast, Scheduler selects the Compute Node and send
an async cast to the node. Node using the info in the queue using libvirt
brings up the instance.
4. Quantum-Agent at NODE updates the DB at controller with the Vlan
tagged Port-Vif details.
5. Quantum-Agent at Controller upon reading the DB on Vlan tagged
Port-Vif details creates Gateway interfaces in the OVS integration bridge
so that controller can access the VM's present in remote host.

Trinath Somanchi,
+91 9866 235 130

Trinath Somanchi,
+91 9866 235 130
Re: Openstack+Quantum+OVS Internals - Doubts [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I saved this sequence diagram some time ago. But I can't remember where I got it.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0HB7skV7D-ATWZ1R1I5VlYyNFk

It is correct for Essex, but I don't know about Folsom.

Regards,
Darragh.

Re: Openstack+Quantum+OVS Internals - Doubts [ In reply to ]
Hi Trinath,

Can you please check out this pdf and let me know your questions get
resolved or not?

(
http://qconlondon.com/dl/qcon-london-2012/slides/SalvatoreOrlando_QuantumVirtualNetworksForOpenStackClouds.pdf

Also, whatever Darragh has been given links also useful.

I will update you more on this soon.

Thanks,
Hitesh

Re: Openstack+Quantum+OVS Internals - Doubts [ In reply to ]
Also I hope you have gone through this,

http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-network/1.0/content/

Thanks,
Hitesh