Low Hanging Fruit Bugs
Quantum devs:

Is this list of low hanging fruit bugs still accurate:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/quantum/+bugs?field.tag=low-hanging-fruit

Looks like out of the 7 on this list, 5 have already been committed. Are there any new bugs that could be added to this list for new folks to work on?

I have some new folks that will be looking to contribute to Quantum soon, looking to get them started with something easy to get their feet wet.

Thanks!
Kyle

Re: Low Hanging Fruit Bugs [ In reply to ]
Hi Kyle,

Whenever I see a bug that I think is a good match, I try to tag it with
low-hanging-fruit. I think I'll update the link on the wiki page to be the
following, which limits the query to issues that have been confirmed as
real bugs:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/quantum/+bugs?field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.tag=low-hanging-fruit

We've been pretty fortunate to have people pitching in and handling the
low-hang-fruit issues, so there aren't a lot right now.

I would call attention to a couple of the items on:
http://wiki.openstack.org/QuantumStarterBugs

Particularly, work on system testing (tempest or devstack) or helping
Arvind with the Horizon + quantum integration. If you're looking for some
more involved projects, I can probably give you some ideas as well.
However, some of these projects are on the critical path for Folsom, so
its up to you as to whether they would be a good match for the developer if
they do not have a lot of experience working with Quantum.

Dan

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Kyle Mestery (kmestery) <kmestery@cisco.com
> wrote:

> Quantum devs:
>
> Is this list of low hanging fruit bugs still accurate:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/quantum/+bugs?field.tag=low-hanging-fruit
>
> Looks like out of the 7 on this list, 5 have already been committed. Are
> there any new bugs that could be added to this list for new folks to work
> on?
>
> I have some new folks that will be looking to contribute to Quantum soon,
> looking to get them started with something easy to get their feet wet.
>
> Thanks!
> Kyle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com
twitter: danwendlandt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Re: Low Hanging Fruit Bugs [ In reply to ]
Hi,
I have just opened https://bugs.launchpad.net/quantum/+bug/1015148. I
think that this may be a good way of getting involved. In my opinion it
needs to be addressed with Quantum and the Quantum client - which gives
a nice introduction.
Thanks
Gary

Re: Low Hanging Fruit Bugs [ In reply to ]
Thanks guys, I'll take a look at the link Dan provided and the bug Gary just opened and see if we can help.

Kyle