be possible to have an API returning the support extensions per plugin?
Thanks
Gary

Re: Provider networks [ In reply to ]
On 05/23/2012 02:29 AM, Gary Kotton wrote:
> Hi Bob,
> Great work!
> I have a few questions:
> 1. I do not understand point number 6 about the deletion. Can you please
> clarify. If I understand correctly the key is the UUID of the network.
> How is this related to the VLAN tags?

There is no change to the network delete API or plugin interface. All
that's needed is to ensure in the plugin implementations that when
deleting a VLAN network whose VLAN tag is not in the range from which
non-provider VLAN networks are allocated, that the tag does not get
returned to the pool and allocated dynamically as a non-provider network
in the future.

> 2. Would it be possible to add the REST API changes?

The only REST API changes anticipated are additions of new optional data
fields to the message bodies. There are no new resources or anything
like that.

> 3. Will the tags be configured/returned via extensions? If so would it
> be possible to have an API returning the support extensions per plugin?

I don't see any need for a new API here, just additional data fields
that may be included in the get_network_details response body.

I do agree that there should be a way for clients to query whether
specific types of provider networks are supported by the configured
quantum plugin. If there is a mechanism for this that is applicable to
simple parameter data extensions (not just extensions that define new
resources), then I will use it. I haven't investigated this yet, so any
pointers would be welcome.

> Thanks
> Gary

Thank you,