Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Gary

Re: Quantum and oVirt [ In reply to ]
This is great Gary, thanks for sharing! I'm going through this in detail now. Is the goal to try and create blueprints to address some of these issues in Quantum, with similar work on the oVirt side? Or until the core gaps and limitations are fixed, oVirt integration will only be a POC?

Thanks,
Kyle

Re: Quantum and oVirt [ In reply to ]
Agreed, this is very cool stuff!

Dan

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Kyle Mestery (kmestery) <kmestery@cisco.com
> wrote:

> This is great Gary, thanks for sharing! I'm going through this in detail
> now. Is the goal to try and create blueprints to address some of these
> issues in Quantum, with similar work on the oVirt side? Or until the core
> gaps and limitations are fixed, oVirt integration will only be a POC?
>
> Thanks,
> Kyle
>
> On Apr 29, 2012, at 5:35 AM, Gary Kotton wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > As part of a POC we have integrated Quantum into oVirt (
> http://www.ovirt.org/). This has been tested with the OVS and Linux
> Bridge plugins.
> > The details of the integration can be found at -
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Quantum_and_oVirt.
> > Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks
> > Gary
> >
> > --

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com
twitter: danwendlandt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Re: Quantum and oVirt [ In reply to ]
On 05/01/2012 12:12 AM, Kyle Mestery (kmestery) wrote:
> This is great Gary, thanks for sharing! I'm going through this in detail now. Is the goal to try and create blueprints to address some of these issues in Quantum, with similar work on the oVirt side?
Originally we wanted to understand the gaps and the complexities of the
integration of the standalone networking service into oVirt. This led us
to the session at the summit on "Quantum in the data center" -
http://www.slideshare.net/rkukura/20120418-quantum-in-the-data-center.
The fact that the POC was up and running in such a short time is a
feather in Quantum's cap. The guys working on the Quantum project have
done some great work. We have validated linuxbridge and ovs plugins. We
plan to try and use the Cisco UCS plugin next.
> Or until the core gaps and limitations are fixed, oVirt integration will only be a POC?
I personally do not think that the gaps should prevent us from moving
forward with the oVirt integration.

Re: Quantum and oVirt [ In reply to ]
On Apr 30, 2012, at 11:44 PM, Gary Kotton wrote:

> On 05/01/2012 12:12 AM, Kyle Mestery (kmestery) wrote:
>> This is great Gary, thanks for sharing! I'm going through this in detail now. Is the goal to try and create blueprints to address some of these issues in Quantum, with similar work on the oVirt side?
> Originally we wanted to understand the gaps and the complexities of the integration of the standalone networking service into oVirt. This led us to the session at the summit on "Quantum in the data center" - http://www.slideshare.net/rkukura/20120418-quantum-in-the-data-center.
> The fact that the POC was up and running in such a short time is a feather in Quantum's cap. The guys working on the Quantum project have done some great work. We have validated linuxbridge and ovs plugins. We plan to try and use the Cisco UCS plugin next.

Great! The session you reference was great, I thought it brought up a lot of real world issues we'll need to address in Quantum as it roles into core for Folsom. If you hit any issues with the Cisco plugin, please let us know.

>> Or until the core gaps and limitations are fixed, oVirt integration will only be a POC?
> I personally do not think that the gaps should prevent us from moving forward with the oVirt integration.

Awesome!

Kyle