a number of issues.
Bug #985470 - the agent had an exception and terminated
Bug #985646 - the agent would remove vlan tags for VM's on a
Quantum network - no network connectivity from these VM's
I would like to address these issues with the following blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/agent-db-ha.
Thanks
Gary

Re: Quantum Bugs and Blueprints [ In reply to ]
Great Gary, thanks for finding and (soon) fixing these issues! Making sure
the open source plugins get more love in terms of system and failure
testing is very important.

Dan

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Gary Kotton <gkotton@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> At the moment I am working on a POC that integrates Quantum into oVirt. At
> the moment I am using When I rebooted the oVirt engine I encountered a
> number of issues.
> Bug #985470 - the agent had an exception and terminated
> Bug #985646 - the agent would remove vlan tags for VM's on a Quantum
> network - no network connectivity from these VM's
> I would like to address these issues with the following blueprint:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.**net/quantum/+spec/agent-db-ha<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/agent-db-ha>
> .
> Thanks
> Gary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com
twitter: danwendlandt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Re: Quantum Bugs and Blueprints [ In reply to ]
On 04/22/2012 12:29 AM, Dan Wendlandt wrote:
> Great Gary, thanks for finding and (soon) fixing these issues! Making
> sure the open source plugins get more love in terms of system and
> failure testing is very important.
Thanks. I am in the process of fixing the issues. I have updated the
following agents:
- linuxbridge
- openvswitch
- ryu

Prior to checking in for reviews I would like to run the unit tests.
- for the linux bringde I ran "sudo
PLUGIN_DIR=quantum/plugins/linuxbridge ./run_tests.sh -N
tests.unit._test_linuxbridgeAgent"
I got the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./quantum/plugins/linuxbridge/run_tests.py", line 41, in <module>
from quantum.api.api_common import OperationalStatus
File "/home/f17-dev/quantum/quantum/api/__init__.py", line 27, in
<module>
from quantum import manager
File "/home/f17-dev/quantum/quantum/manager.py", line 32, in <module>
from quantum.common import utils
ImportError: No module named common

Any ideas?

Is there any documentation for the unit tests for the agents?

Thanks
Gary

Re: Quantum Bugs and Blueprints [ In reply to ]
Hi Gary,

quantum.common is actually part of quantumclient at present, so installing python-quantumclient will resolve the problem you are seeing. There is a bug and associated changes to remove this dependency:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/quantum/+bug/977711

Thanks,

Maru