Mailing List Archive

[OpenInfra Foundation] January 31, 2023 Board Meeting
The Open Infrastructure Foundation Board of Directors met earlier this week. The agenda[1] was posted ahead of time.

I opened the meeting to handle the first agenda items appointing the Chair and Vice Chair. The Board unanimously voted to have Julia Kreger continue as Chair and Allison Randal as Vice Chair. Thanks to them for their willingness to serve again this year!

Julia took over the meeting and walked us through the rest of the agenda. The Board approved the meeting minutes from the December 6th, 2022 meeting. Julia then walked all the Directors through a review of Board policies.

Next the Board went into executive session briefly. After returning from executive session, Julia discussed the schedule for Board meetings for the remainder of the year and then handed it over to Thierry for a staff update.

The staff presented an update[2] on a number of topics. Thierry reviewed our top priorities for 2023 which include increasing member engagement, onboarding projects through our new project funding model that we introduced this year, and increasing opportunities for regional collaboration. Allison walked through upcoming plans for the Summit + PTG in Vancouver in June, and Wes gave an overview of updates to the framework for trademarks of OpenInfra projects. This trademark policy and framework will be something discussed over upcoming Board meetings as we work to finalize a new standard for how we manage our marks.

Finally, the Board updated committee membership for the year for the two standing committees: the finance committee and the compensation committee. Thanks to our committee members and chairs!

Jonathan

1. https://board.openinfra.dev/en/meetings/2023-01-24
2. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1rxxc4x4nKDmqMsKCE42EfI13CamPS5tPIuUEBu2CQeU/edit?usp=sharing