Mailing List Archive

[OpenInfra Foundation] [Environmental Sustainability] PTG Summary
Hello Everyone :)

It was lovely to see so many of you at the PTG last week!

I wanted to summarize here what all we talked about and accomplished during
our two hours of discussions.

For the lengthy version and notes, check out the PTG etherpad[1].

The majority of the time was focused on the scope of what we hope to
accomplish and where we can have influence.

We started with an exercise where we all wrote down ideas of themes and
topics we thought the working group should concern itself with and then
tried to filter that down by pulling out common threads into some vision
statements. At this point, the vision statements are just drafts, but it
would be good to get them finalized soon! You are invited to take a look
and provide feedback in this etherpad[2].

Ideally, they will be finalized ahead of the board meeting on December 6th
so we can present them during that meeting to the board.

I wanted to also remind everyone that we have an IRC channel
(#openinfra-envirosig) and soon we will begin regular meetings to continue
driving progress. If anyone was able to assist in coordinating that; I
would love the help! We will coordinate times here on this ML and make this
ML the primary point of asychronous contact. Please make sure to append
[Environmental Sustainability] so that those of us with filtering make sure
to catch all the important threads :)

-Kendall Nelson (diablo_rojo)

[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/oct2022-ptg-enviro-sus
[2] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/environmental-sustainability-wg