Mailing List Archive

[OpenInfra Foundation] October 4, 2022 Board Meeting
The Open Infrastructure Foundation Board of Directors met today. The agenda[1] was posted ahead of time.

The meeting opened with approval of the August meetings minutes.

Next the Staff presented an update[2] on a number of topics. Allison and Wes introduced some new staff members who have joined the team. I talked about plans for creating regional entities in Europe and Asia as we want to support continued geographic expansion. Allison, Wes, Jimmy and Erin talked about plans for the Vancouver Summit next year and progress on our 3 priorities for 2022.

Thierry then introduced our top priorities for 2023 which include increasing member engagement, onboarding projects through our new project funding model that we introduced this year and increasing opportunities for regional collaboration. I then previewed our existing budget planning for 2023 with an expectation that we will present the final budget for approval at the December Board meeting. After that, Ildiko provided an update on the Airship project.

Following the staff update, Julia gave an update on the ongoing meetings that have been happening between Board members and different project teams.

At that point, we closed the open session and moved to an executive session before closing the meeting.

Thanks to everyone who joined and participated,

Jonathan

1. https://board.openinfra.dev/meetings/2022-10-04
2. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13__KInqkD446iTjnX1fCeTPjyJ5C4Fg-gXsWP1zi11U/edit?usp=sharing