Mailing List Archive

2021 Board elections and Bylaws amendments
Hi everyone,

Next Monday, January 11, the 2021 Individual Director elections will open. All members who are eligible to vote should receive an email ballot next week. You can review the candidates here: https://www.openstack.org/election/2021-individual-director-election/CandidateList

This year, the election will also include a set of amendments to the Foundation’s Bylaws. The amendments were approved unanimously by the Foundation Board in 2020. As a member class, the Individual Members must also approve these amendments. The Bylaws amendments fall into 3 primary categories:

1) Change certain aspects of corporate membership to allow more than eight Platinum Members and more than 24 Gold Members, as well as allowing the Board of Directors to create non-voting corporate memberships. Currently we expect to have nine Platinum Members for 2021.

2) Adjust the size of the Board of Directors so that it will continue to have an equal number of directors representing the Individual, Platinum and Gold Member classes as the number of Platinum Members may increase or decrease over time. If the amendments are approved, this would mean that each class would have nine Board seats for 2021 rather than eight currently.

3) A few cleanup items such as making references to “Technical Committee” more clear by specifying that certain provisions are dealing with the OpenStack project Technical Committee and proving the OpenStack Technical Committee a vote on future changes to those elements.

I have attached a full redline of the amendments that will be up for consideration by the Individual members. Let me know if anyone has any questions,

Jonathan