projects' ECCN.

Hope you can help to point the information.

[1] http://www.bis.doc.gov/
[2] https://www.openstack.org/legal/
[3] https://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/

--
Regards
Fred Li (???)

Re: OSF Product Classification Matrix [ In reply to ]
On Tue, May 21, 2019, 7:20 PM Fred Li <yongle.li@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am wondering whether projects under OpenStack Foundation follows US
> Export Regulations[1] or not. I tried check OpenStack legal
> documents[2], but didn't find anything about this topic.
> As an example, ASF listed the ECCN (Export Control Classification
> Number) for its software [3]. I don't know where I can find OpenStack
> projects' ECCN.

First off -- I'm sorry that this is even something you have to deal with
right now. We should focus on ensuring that we maintain our four opens.

I suggest perhaps forwarding your email to the mailing list above.

Re: OSF Product Classification Matrix [ In reply to ]
I added another example from Linux Foundation [4]. Hope such examples
can help explaining my question better.

[4] https://www.linuxfoundation.org/export/

--
Regards
Fred Li (???)

Re: OSF Product Classification Matrix [ In reply to ]
Thanks for raising this issue.

We have previously registered OpenStack software as publicly available software in this manner, and we will publish a similar webpage on the OSF website for reference in the next few days so that the information is readily accessible.

Feel free to direct any questions to myself (mark@openstack.org) or Jonathan Bryce (jonathan@openstack.org)

Thanks,

Mark