below issue

https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1796759

This got fixed with change set https://review.openstack.org/#/c/608768/
which is not a part of the tagged release.

Want to know if we can have a new Cinder tag release to incorporate the new
fixes.

Thanks & Regards,
Chhavi Agarwal
Re: [Cinder] Cinder New Tag Release [ In reply to ]
On 11/27/18 4:52 AM, Chhavi Agarwal wrote:
> With the current tagged release of Openstack Cinder ( 13.0.1 )
> https://github.com/openstack/cinder/releases/tag/13.0.1
> we are hitting the below issue
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1796759
>
> This got fixed with change set https://review.openstack.org/#/c/608768/
> which is not a part of the tagged release.
>
> Want to know if we can have a new Cinder tag release to incorporate the
> new fixes.

[attempting to cross-post to openstack-discuss]

Cinder 13.x releases are OpenStack Rocky, and the upper-constraints for
Rocky [1] says oslo.messaging===8.1.2, so there should be no need to
backport this fix.

Are you trying to run the unit tests when you see this? When I run tox
on stable/rocky, it installs 8.1.2 as one of the dependencies, although,
to be honest, I'm really not sure how tox knows that that's the right
version.

Or are you trying to run Cinder from Rocky with newer oslo.messaging,
and getting the same symptom as the unit test failures in that bug, when
running the cinder services? If so, a) it's an unsupported combination
(I believe) and b) you'd (at least) need to update your configuration to
remove use of that deprecated rpc_backend option.

~iain

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blob/stable/rocky/upper-constraints.txt

Re: [Cinder] Cinder New Tag Release [ In reply to ]
On 11/27/18 10:52 AM, iain MacDonnell wrote:

> On 11/27/18 4:52 AM, Chhavi Agarwal wrote:
>> With the current tagged release of Openstack Cinder ( 13.0.1 )
>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_openstack_cinder_releases_tag_13.0.1&d=DwICaQ&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PZh8Bv7qIrMUB65eapI_JnE&r=RxYkIjeLZPK2frXV_wEUCq8d3wvUIvDPimUcunMwbMs&m=_-mGtryix-GE-7_xbOpH7F0ZS4jQxE3RJZ72LghieKQ&s=WMS_BqRFKcnhRVhLF7Etzpoinel262YhUoKvNL19508&e=
>> we are hitting the below issue
>>
>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bugs.launchpad.net_cinder_-2Bbug_1796759&d=DwICaQ&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PZh8Bv7qIrMUB65eapI_JnE&r=RxYkIjeLZPK2frXV_wEUCq8d3wvUIvDPimUcunMwbMs&m=_-mGtryix-GE-7_xbOpH7F0ZS4jQxE3RJZ72LghieKQ&s=N4sIIITOxdF357oNgPI0vmwp7UyMtpyfwoe48FNGVec&e=
>>
>> This got fixed with change set
>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__review.openstack.org_-23_c_608768_&d=DwICaQ&c=RoP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PZh8Bv7qIrMUB65eapI_JnE&r=RxYkIjeLZPK2frXV_wEUCq8d3wvUIvDPimUcunMwbMs&m=_-mGtryix-GE-7_xbOpH7F0ZS4jQxE3RJZ72LghieKQ&s=16ZhumVOFprhADv1v553c2wwyMfG84cP0a9Z3VHaVuM&e=
>> which is not a part of the tagged release.
>>
>> Want to know if we can have a new Cinder tag release to incorporate
>> the new fixes.
>
> [attempting to cross-post to openstack-discuss]
>
> Cinder 13.x releases are OpenStack Rocky, and the upper-constraints for
> Rocky [1] says oslo.messaging===8.1.2, so there should be no need to
> backport this fix.
>
> Are you trying to run the unit tests when you see this? When I run tox
> on stable/rocky, it installs 8.1.2 as one of the dependencies, although,
> to be honest, I'm really not sure how tox knows that that's the right
> version.

Ahh, here's how it knows :-

$ grep install_command tox.ini
install_command = pip install
-c{env:UPPER_CONSTRAINTS_FILE:https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/requirements/plain/upper-constraints.txt?h=stable/rocky}
{opts} {packages}
$

~iain

Re: [Cinder] Cinder New Tag Release [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 1:05 PM iain MacDonnell <iain.macdonnell@oracle.com>
wrote:

> >> Want to know if we can have a new Cinder tag release to incorporate
> >> the new fixes.
> >
> > [attempting to cross-post to openstack-discuss]
> >
> > Cinder 13.x releases are OpenStack Rocky, and the upper-constraints for
> > Rocky [1] says oslo.messaging===8.1.2, so there should be no need to
> > backport this fix.
> >
> > Are you trying to run the unit tests when you see this? When I run tox
> > on stable/rocky, it installs 8.1.2 as one of the dependencies, although,
> > to be honest, I'm really not sure how tox knows that that's the right
> > version.
>
> Ahh, here's how it knows :-
>
> $ grep install_command tox.ini
> install_command = pip install
> -c{env:UPPER_CONSTRAINTS_FILE:
> https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/requirements/plain/upper-constraints.txt?h=stable/rocky}
>
> {opts} {packages}
> $
>
> ~iain

Yeah, we shouldn't need to backport something like this. We have upper
constraints specifically
to avoid needing to handle cases like this.

Sean
Re: [Cinder] Cinder New Tag Release [ In reply to ]
I could see that the Unit tests are run against the latest oslo.messaging
from the master, and source tree is old.
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/requirements/plain/upper-constraints.txt
oslo.messaging===9.2.1

[root@ip9-114-192-185 cinder-es]# grep install_command tox.ini
install_command = pip install -c{env:UPPER_CONSTRAINTS_FILE:
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/requirements/plain/upper-constraints.txt
} {opts} {packages}
[root@ip9-114-192-185 cinder-es]#

Will get the configuration fixed. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks & Regards,
Chhavi Agarwal
Cloud System Software Group.

>> Want to know if we can have a new Cinder tag release to incorporate
>> the new fixes.
>
> [attempting to cross-post to openstack-discuss]
>
> Cinder 13.x releases are OpenStack Rocky, and the upper-constraints for

> Rocky [1] says oslo.messaging===8.1.2, so there should be no need to
> backport this fix.
>
> Are you trying to run the unit tests when you see this? When I run tox
> on stable/rocky, it installs 8.1.2 as one of the dependencies,
although,
> to be honest, I'm really not sure how tox knows that that's the right
> version.

Ahh, here's how it knows :-

$ grep install_command tox.ini
install_command = pip install