Way to see VMs under all tenants by non-admin?
Hey, all. I've had a request for a non-admin user to see all the VMs
currently running, irrespective of project. I've gone through the
policy.json file (this is Juno) and enabled everything I could think of
that seemed appropriate, to no avail. Is there any way to do this
without granting him flat-out admin?

Thanks!

-Ken

Re: Way to see VMs under all tenants by non-admin? [ In reply to ]
Hi Ken:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/juno-eol/nova/api/openstack/compute/servers.py#L588-L590

Good luck (with your upgrades ;))

Mohammed

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 9:39 AM Ken D'Ambrosio <ken@jots.org> wrote:

> Hey, all. I've had a request for a non-admin user to see all the VMs
> currently running, irrespective of project. I've gone through the
> policy.json file (this is Juno) and enabled everything I could think of
> that seemed appropriate, to no avail. Is there any way to do this
> without granting him flat-out admin?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Ken

Mohammed Naser — vexxhost
D. 514-316-8872
D. 800-910-1726 ext. 200
E. mnaser@vexxhost.com
W. http://vexxhost.com
Re: Way to see VMs under all tenants by non-admin? [ In reply to ]
On 2018-11-26 10:30, Mohammed Naser wrote:

> Hi Ken:
>
> https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/juno-eol/nova/api/openstack/compute/servers.py#L588-L590

OK, I feel kinda dumb, but I never realized I could go and search for
policy.json policy in the pertinent Python files. That's awesome!
Doesn't exactly help me now, but will certainly come in handy in the
future.

Thanks,

-Ken