[OpenStack][Compute-Neutron] Is it possible to create flat network from different NICs
Hi,

I installed OpenStack on One node (for test) and creating a flat external
network I could connect VMs to the provider network (internet).

In the production environment, we have 4 NIC on each server and each server
(compute node) will run 4 instances. My question is, is it possible to
create a separate external network based on each NIC (so 4 external
networks) and run each instance using one of them?
Re: [OpenStack][Compute-Neutron] Is it possible to create flat network from different NICs [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Yes, that should be possible. You can create 4 bridges on compute node and add all of them to bridge_mappings config option.
Then You can create 4 networks with different physical_network for each of them and agent will know which bridge should be used for ports from each network.
It is described e.g. in [1].

[1] https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/94206/how-to-understand-the-bridge_mappings/?answer=94230#post-id-94230

> Wiadomo?? napisana przez Soheil Pourbafrani <soheil.ir08@gmail.com> w dniu 21.11.2018, o godz. 12:08:
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed OpenStack on One node (for test) and creating a flat external network I could connect VMs to the provider network (internet).
>
> In the production environment, we have 4 NIC on each server and each server (compute node) will run 4 instances. My question is, is it possible to create a separate external network based on each NIC (so 4 external networks) and run each instance using one of them?

Slawek Kaplonski
Senior software engineer
Red Hat

Re: [OpenStack][Compute-Neutron] Is it possible to create flat network from different NICs [ In reply to ]
Thanks a lot.