Mailing List Archive

Issues with Hypervisor after Devstack
Hello

I?m reinstalling a single-node devstack system and everything looks OK except the compute node never appears in he list of Hypervisors.

I do a ?discover-hosts? and nothing is found.

Note - this is a reinstall form an unchanged local.conf - in other words, it has worked before.

I am suspecting that this is something to do with name resolution but I have no idea what.

I have a DNS server in /etc/resolv.conf to get the source code. But the name of my system ?Openstack? does not appear in the DNS.

I have declared the IP address in local.conf as 127.0.0.1 and the host name as OpenStack. I have entries in /etc/host for both OpenStack to my IP address and to 127.0.0.1

I have no idea how to go around debugging this !

As far as I can see, nslookup gives me no response on the DNS as expected.

I know devstack may not be the best way to do this but it has worked in the past and I have no idea why it now fails. I just need to restore service for now.

Thanks

David

Sent from my iPhone