Swift3 bucket naming conventions
Hi,

On my openstack swift s3 interface, I tried to create bucket names similar
to what I have in my AWS S3. But swift3 doesn't seem to allow bucket names
containing underscore. Once I remove the underscore and try to create the
bucket, it works. Is there a way to overcome this?

--
-Shyam
Re: Swift3 bucket naming conventions [ In reply to ]
Swift containers can certainly have underscores in them... almost any
character is valid.

But I guess s3api thinks that's maybe not a valid bucket name?

https://github.com/openstack/swift/blob/master/test/unit/common/middleware/s3api/test_utils.py#L38

-Clay

Re: Swift3 bucket naming conventions [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I've been caught by this myself - by default s3api has the parameter:

dns_compliant_bucket_names = True

which will forbid _ in the bucket name. Just set this to False under
your [s3api] section (or the [swift3] section if it is called that in
your proxy pipeline).

regards
Mark

Re: Swift3 bucket naming conventions [ In reply to ]
Great. That provides me another option.
Thanks, Mark. :)