creates home folder if this one is not existing; I need pam_homecheck.so but
it's available only as package for OpenSuse.
Suggestions ?
Re: Chroot: sshd bug ? user redirects to root folder. [ In reply to ]
On Feb 27, 2011, at 5:21 PM, Riccardo Castellani wrote:

> I installed openssh-5.6p1 into my Fedora server and I run this service into chroot mode.
> I think to have found out a BUG into this package, specifically into sshd service:
>
> if remote user tries to connect to this service, where its home directory is unaccessible because it doesn't respect right permissions (execution permission of owner is missed or home directory is missing), he comes automatically into root folder of chroot.

It's not a bug, it's a feature ;) (c)

> I think sshd should have to deny this login or at least sshd_config should have to contain the option to set this specifc behaviour; for example into Fedora distributions, there is "DEFAULT_HOME" option in /etc/login.defs file to permit this behavior.

No.

Re: Chroot: sshd bug ? user redirects to root folder. [ In reply to ]
There is no possibility to implement this mechanism ?

Re: Chroot: sshd bug ? user redirects to root folder. [ In reply to ]
In my perspective, its not a security issue, because, user will have
access to root folder of chrooted environment and it doesn't let the
user go out of the chrooted directory,right?

It's like a normal user have access to root folder on a system.

+Raja