Mailing List Archive

Seccomp filter on ppc
Hi!

Wen building OpenSSH 8.9p1 for 32-bit PowerPC big endian on Linux 5.4,
with CONFIG_SECCOMP=y in the kernel config, I noticed seccomp is not
supported for ppc in configure.ac:

> configure:9283: checking for seccomp architecture
> configure:9348: result: architecture not supported

With the attached patch adding support for it, building for the device
results in:

> configure:9283: checking for seccomp architecture
> configure:9345: result: "AUDIT_ARCH_PPC"

The resulting sshd output shows it now working with the seccomp sandboxing:

> debug3: ssh_sandbox_child: setting PR_SET_NO_NEW_PRIVS [preauth]
> debug3: ssh_sandbox_child: attaching seccomp filter program [preauth]

Could this ppc support be added to OpenSSH portable?

Thanks!
Dries
Re: Seccomp filter on ppc [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 14 Jul 2022 at 04:56, Dries Deschout <dries.deschout@dodeco.eu> wrote:
[...]
> Could this ppc support be added to OpenSSH portable?

Patch applied, thanks!

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860 37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)