Mailing List Archive

RE: OpenSSH version 8.9 inaccessibility from WinSCP 5.21
TCS Confidential

Hi Team,
In our organization we are using OpenSSH in Windows 2019 .

We tried to upgrade OpenSSH version from 7.1 to 8.9 last week. After upgradation noticed the SFTP is inaccessible from WinSCP 5.15 So we upgraded WinSCP to latest 5.21 . Still we are NOT able to access it.
As soon as I am downgrading OpenSSH to 7.1 again , we can access SFTP from both older and newer WinSCP version.
Could you please confirm how we can upgrade our OpenSSH setup seamlessly without impacting existing SFTP clients connection

Thanks

Deepak Garg
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: OpenSSH version 8.9 inaccessibility from WinSCP 5.21 [ In reply to ]
Hey there,

I was able to connect to OpenSSH 9.0 with WinSCP 5.21.1
I'd give that a shot - the release notes state that the 5.21.1 release
upgrades the TLS/SSL core to 1.1.1p. There may have also been an issue
with the public key negotiation. I saw that with WinSCP 5.14 which is
from 2013 so that's not all that surprising.

Chris