Mailing List Archive

[SSHD_CONFIG / OpenSSH Server] Host Option not working anymore? using host-based weak ciphers for tar over ssh copy
Hello dear group,

as i upgraded a system to CentOS 8 Stream which comes with OpenSSH_7.4p1, it seems the HOST Option in sshd_config for the openssh server is now deprecated.

I used it to specify the arcfour128 cipher for particular hosts to speed up tar over SSH migrations of large .tgz files. Without the ability to use arcfour128 between the two servers only (I want the other connections to use stronger ciphers) my migrations are very slow.

What can I do when the Host option is not known/working anymore ?

Log:

sshd[126393]: /etc/ssh/sshd_config: line 143: Bad configuration option: Host

Current config:

Host ip.ip.ip.ip

ciphers arcfour128,arcfour256,arcfour

Is there a way to use this host option again in newer openssh versions ? Or does anyone have an idea how I can build a work-around? Suggestions are welcome ????

Everyone have a great time

Stoney

Re: [SSHD_CONFIG / OpenSSH Server] Host Option not working anymore? using host-based weak ciphers for tar over ssh copy [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 at 20:11, <stonegate@stonegate.perfect-server.de> wrote:
> sshd[126393]: /etc/ssh/sshd_config: line 143: Bad configuration option:
Host

The Host keyword is part of ssh(1) (config file ssh_config) not sshd(8)
(config file sshd_config).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860 37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)