Mailing List Archive

OpenSSL mass functions deprecation
Dear colleagues,

OpenSSL 3.0 has deprecated a lot of (mostly low-level) functions. They are
still available but not recommended for usage in future.

OpenSSH uses approximately 75 deprecated OpenSSL functions in ~300 lines of
code. I understand that OpenSSL is just one of the supported crypto
libraries and OpenSSL 3.0 is not widely deployed yet, but I wonder if the
OpenSSH upstream has any ideas/plans about getting rid of such functions?
At least some of them could be just eliminated and replaced with EVP_PKEY
functions present since OpenSSL 1.0 age.

Many thanks in advance!
--
Dmitry Belyavskiy