openssh with this patch:
https://dev.gentoo.org/~chutzpah/dist/openssh/openssh-8.6p1-sctp-1.2.patch.xz
- it seems to work just fine when I use it.  What are the odds we could
integrate this or something like this?

I think the last time it came up on this list was here:
https://marc.info/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=146071329711439&w=2

--Falcon Momot
--AS398960

Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] SCTP support [ In reply to ]
Falcon Darkstar Momot wrote:
> https://dev.gentoo.org/~chutzpah/dist/openssh/openssh-8.6p1-sctp-1.2.patch.xz
> - it seems to work just fine when I use it.  What are the odds we could
> integrate this or something like this?

I'm no authority but if someone wants to make a push for SCP in
upstream I think it would be wise to strip the patch down a bit,
initially only add SCTP, so remove the multiple listen bits.

Since the patch introduces a new transport concept tied to the socket
protocol maybe it also makes sense to store the protocol (IPPROTO_*)
in the options.

Then the -z option handling is inconsistent in the patch and also its
existence is conditional on build-time detection, which isn't great.
I think Mike's idea in one bug is the right way to go; programs always
understand the option but error out if the protocol isn't supported.

Also, the patch doesn't add -z to all programs; in particular not to sftp.

Finally, I suppose that the configure detection and

+#ifdef SCTP
+#include <netinet/sctp.h>
+#endif

are way too simplistic for the many platforms supported by OpenSSH-portable.

So someone would need to put a bit of work in...

//Peter