Mailing List Archive

RE: [EXTERNAL] Bringing back tcp wrappers
I second this request. We were forced to put tcpwrappers support in ourselves because customers complained about the removal…

From: openssh-unix-dev <openssh-unix-dev-bounces+herbie.robinson=stratus.com@mindrot.org> On Behalf Of Saint Michael
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 10:55 AM
To: openssh-unix-dev@mindrot.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Bringing back tcp wrappers

[.EXTERNAL SENDER: This email originated from outside of Stratus Technologies. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.]

I compiled the latest version, 8.1, inside Centos 7.9, and to my dismay,
there was no support for libwrap, which offers a level of protection that
is added to a firewall, but in my opinion, it works better. Also, I didn’t
find service definitions for Systemd. ¿where can I find them?

How do I overcome these obstacles? In the times when cyberattacks come on a
daily basis, we should keep libwrap baked into openssh, even as optional.

Thanks for your help.