I should be using?

thanks

Sean
Re: u2f / libfido2 version [ In reply to ]
Sean Liao:

> Specifically, current HEAD has
> SSH_SK_VERSION_MAJOR 0x00040000
> and I can't seem to find a matching libfido2 version,
> current HEAD of Yubico/libfido2 is 0x00020000

Those are unrelated. SSH_SK_VERSION_MAJOR is the API version of the
middleware library that communicates with the authenticators; see
PROTOCOL.u2f. Obviously, OpenSSH's internal USB HID support matches
this.

OpenSSH's internal USB HID support happens to be built on top of
libfido2, but that is an independent fact. libfido2 itself is NOT
a middleware library that directly interfaces with OpenSSH.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy@mips.inka.de
Re: u2f / libfido2 version [ In reply to ]
I have it all working in a container located here:
https://github.com/kfox1111/u2f-sshd

Might be a good starting point.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: u2f / libfido2 version [ In reply to ]
You should use the provider library shipped
with openssh, because we did not update the initial version that’s included
in libfido2

-m

Re: u2f / libfido2 version [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the hint,
got it working by not setting $SSH_SK_PROVIDER
which I thought was necessary from the initial email

As an aside,
the error message for ed25519-sk not being supported could be more explicit
currently it just exits after "You may need to touch ..."
with debug its "debug1: client_converse: helper returned error -4"
and the ssh-sk-helper logs:
error: Security key provider "internal" returned failure -1
error: ssh-sk-helper: Enrollment failed: invalid format

thanks,
sean