Mailing List Archive

Re: [s-x86] OpenSSH 1.2pre14 fails on pam_open_session() ...
On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Philip Brown wrote:

> [ Marc G. Fournier writes ]
> > debug("PAM_retval(open_session) about to run");
> > pam_retval = pam_open_session((pam_handle_t *)pamh, 0);

> > so, its looking like I'm authenticated properly, but when trying to set up
> > the whole environment, its failing...? anyone know how I should go about
> > debugging this?
>
> well its obviously blowing up on pam_open_session, so you need to validate
> your "pamh" handle somehow.

thank you, and how would one do this? considering that my 'pamh' handle
is being used three times prior to that, in:

pam_retval = pam_set_item((pam_handle_t *)pamh, PAM_RHOST, remote_host);
pam_retval = pam_set_item((pam_handle_t *)pamh, PAM_RUSER, remote_user);
pam_retval = pam_acct_mgmt((pam_handle_t *)pamh, 0);

all in the same function, I would have thought that this would have been
okay...all of the above go through successfully...

my only real "reference" for PAM is wu-ftpd, in which the pam
authentication stuff all works, but the pam_* functions that wu-ftpd uses
doesn't appear to be even close to what is used in sshd.c :(

Marc G. Fournier marc.fournier@acadiau.ca
Senior Systems Administrator Acadia University

"These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"