Mailing List Archive

Solaris 7 and /dev/null ...
As far as I can tell, it isn't defined anywhere, so bsd-login.c fails:

bsd-daemon.c: In function `daemon':
bsd-daemon.c:70: `_PATH_DEVNULL' undeclared (first use in this function)
bsd-daemon.c:70: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
bsd-daemon.c:70: for each function it appears in.)

I dont' know if anyone actually puts /dev/null in a different place...is
there a reason why _PATH_DEVNULL isn't just changed to /dev/null in
bsd-login.c?

Marc G. Fournier marc.fournier@acadiau.ca
Senior Systems Administrator Acadia University

"These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"