Mailing List Archive

problems on slackware
It looks like there is a bit of a problem with slackware distributions.
I've tried this on a 3.6 and a 4.0 install with the same results.

The first thing is the autoconf doesn't check for the sys/select.h file
and it's not present on my systems. The autoconf for 1.2.26 does this
check.

The second thing I bumped into is:

gcc -o sshd sshd.o auth-rhosts.o auth-passwd.o auth-rsa.o auth-rh-rsa.o
pty.o log-server.o login.o servconf.o serverloop.o libssh.a -ldl -lz
-lcrypto -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto
sshd.o: In function `main':
/share/usr/src/openssh-1.2pre12/sshd.c:525: undefined reference to
`daemon'
login.o: In function `record_login':
/share/usr/src/openssh-1.2pre12/login.c:92: undefined reference to `login'
make: *** [sshd] Error 1

I hope this is useful to someone. Unfortunately I'm NOT going to any
development work on this. Bug reporting is on the edge of where I'm
willing to go.

Greg Weeks
--
http://durendal.tzo.com/greg/
Re: problems on slackware [ In reply to ]
Those are afaik, glibc features. 'daemon()' and 'login()' does not exist on
AIX 4.3.2 either, see my dirty patch from a few days ago.

I have been meaning to fix this in a proper way, but i am not yet sanctioned
to work on it.

//T-Å