Mailing List Archive

NTOP - Disk full
Howdy,

our NTOP instance is installed on a dedicated machine, 500GB SSD

unfortunately, we ran out of disk space

most data seem to be in:

144G /var/lib/mysql
195G /var/lib/ntopng

now the question is how to shrink the data without killing the NTOP
install. I have CLI access to the machine only, NTOP UI is not coming up
anymore

Thanks in advance for any hints

Oskar

--
Oskar Atkinson
CF
Re: NTOP - Disk full [ In reply to ]
On 8/11/20 1:42 PM, Oskar Atkinson wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> our NTOP instance is installed on a dedicated machine, 500GB SSD
>
> unfortunately, we ran out of disk space
>
> most data seem to be in:
>
> 144G    /var/lib/mysql
> 195G    /var/lib/ntopng
>

> now the question is how to shrink the data without killing the NTOP install. I have CLI access to the machine only, NTOP UI is not coming up anymore
>
> Thanks in advance for any hints
>
> Oskar
>
> --
> Oskar Atkinson
> CF
> xBar7 Communications, LLC
> 231 Gray Mountain Dr
> Lyons, CO 80540
> 720-230-6834
> 720-496-6834 direct

Oskar

Since you have CLI access (I presume root) these are the things I would check for:

1.) See if /var/log can be cleaned and how much space that will buy you

2.) check /var/lib/mysql for log files (there are several kinds) If there are old ones, remove them.  if there are bin logs, they can be safely removed as well.

    Once you free space, continue checking.  "stuff" mysql has held in ram will try to write itself to disk... If mysql hasn't locked up completely.

    You will almost certainly have to repair the mysql table spaces in any case.

     There are repair/optimize table commands that will reclaim space used by deleted rows.

      As databases go, this is actually fairly small.

3.) /var/lib/ntopng contains a number of flat files.  You'll want to look at that carefully to determin what you can safely prune

Re: NTOP - Disk full [ In reply to ]
Format C:

SMH