Mailing List Archive

PF_RING licence rejected after machine re-imaged
Hi,

We recently moved a machine from one part of our network to another,
requiring it to be re-imaged to fulfil some regulatory requirements.

Prior to the move, PF_RING in zero-copy mode worked fine for both
capture interfaces. After the move, our licence is no longer recognised,
and PF_RING zero copy mode operates in demo mode only.

The NIC is an Intel X710 device, and we were using PF_RING 7.4.0 running
i40e drivers. The OS was Centos 7.

The machine was re-imaged with a fresh copy of Centos 7, PF_RING 7.4.0
re-installed, and our existing licences re-applied to the usual
/etc/pfring/<mac> files.

Our PF_RING reports itself as 7.5.0.181221 according to
examples_zc/zcount et al.  All hardware and MACs are as-was prior to the
move.

Any suggestions for diagnostics or remedy would be warmly received.

Regards,
A.

--
Andrew Howard
ah@andrew-howard.me.uk
Re: PF_RING licence rejected after machine re-imaged [ In reply to ]
Hi Andrew
please provide the orderid (send a direct email)

Thank you
Alfredo

Re: PF_RING licence rejected after machine re-imaged [ In reply to ]
Hi Andrew

Re: PF_RING licence rejected after machine re-imaged [ In reply to ]
Update for the ml: this old pf_ring version was affected by case sensitivity
for the license file name (it should reflect the mac address)

Alfredo

Re: PF_RING licence rejected after machine re-imaged [ In reply to ]