Mailing List Archive

Upgrade issue with ntopng v4.0.200428
I am upgrading all our 3.x instances to v4.0.200428 and for the most part its working fine. I did notice that on all 3 I have done so far, the small traffic graph, now at the top of the screen instead of bottom center, is only showing inbound traffic. The outbound is showing 0bps on every one I have upgraded. This graph was working fine on v3.x just before the upgrade. Is this a known bug?

Re: Upgrade issue with ntopng v4.0.200428 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Prior to 4.0 the chart was (somehow misleadingly) show local-to-remote and remote-to-local traffic, not interface TX and RX. This behavior has been changed in 4.0 so now you get interface TX and RX. The fact that you are seeing one side always at zero, suggest me that your interfaces are fed with mirrored traffic. This means they have just RX and so you see the zero. Visit the interface page, tab 'wheel' and mark the interface as receiving 'mirrored traffic' and the chart will be adjusted accordingly.

Simone

Re: Upgrade issue with ntopng v4.0.200428 [ In reply to ]
Thank you, that was it. We are mirroring our WAN link to the interface using RSPAN so it is as you predicted. With the ‘mirrored’ option selected we just have a single blue graph now. I think I preferred the 3.x display, honestly.

-Ken