Munroe Sollog
Senior Network Engineer
munroe@lehigh.edu
Re: nprobe agent for Debian [ In reply to ]
Hi Munroe
the problem is that we need eBPF support on kernel and we need to check of Debian 10 has it. We need to check if this is possible

Regards Luca

Re: nprobe agent for Debian [ In reply to ]
Hi Munroe

Re: nprobe agent for Debian [ In reply to ]
Not sure if this is helpful. But here is output from my current system.

# uname -a

Linux 5.4.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.4.19-1~bpo10+1 (2020-03-09)
x86_64 GNU/Linux

# grep -i bpf /boot/config-`uname -r`

CONFIG_CGROUP_BPF=y

CONFIG_BPF=y

CONFIG_BPF_SYSCALL=y

# CONFIG_BPF_JIT_ALWAYS_ON is not set

CONFIG_IPV6_SEG6_BPF=y

CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_BPF=m

# CONFIG_BPFILTER is not set

CONFIG_NET_CLS_BPF=m

CONFIG_NET_ACT_BPF=m

CONFIG_BPF_JIT=y

CONFIG_BPF_STREAM_PARSER=y

CONFIG_LWTUNNEL_BPF=y

CONFIG_HAVE_EBPF_JIT=y

CONFIG_BPF_EVENTS=y

# CONFIG_BPF_KPROBE_OVERRIDE is not set

CONFIG_TEST_BPF=m

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 12:23 PM Luca Deri <deri@ntop.org> wrote:

> Hi Munroe
> the problem is that we need eBPF support on kernel and we need to check of
> Debian 10 has it. We need to check if this is possible
>
> Regards Luca
>
> On 29 Apr 2020, at 17:22, Munroe Sollog <mus3@lehigh.edu> wrote:
>
> I am trying to install nprobe agent on Debian Buster (10.3). Since it
> seems like the nprobe agent package is not available in the ntop Debian
> repositories. Since Ubuntu 18.4 is based on Buster, I tried installing the
> agent from that repo. However when I run it I get:
>
> /usr/bin/nprobe-agent
> /usr/bin/nprobe-agent: symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/nprobe-agent:
> undefined symbol:
> _ZN4ebpf3BPF17attach_tracepointERKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEES8_iiiPFvPvimS9_ES9_
>
> Is there a way to get the agent working on Debian?
>
> --
> Munroe Sollog
> Senior Network Engineer
> munroe@lehigh.edu

Munroe Sollog
Senior Network Engineer
munroe@lehigh.edu
Re: nprobe agent for Debian [ In reply to ]