http://incsecurity.wordpress.com<http://incsecurity.wordpress.com/>
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ITSecurityNinja
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/ChristinaPMBA<http://www.linkedin.com/in/ChristinaPMBA>
Re: Elasticsearch 6.6.2 and non-standard index names [ In reply to ]
The ntopng ES6 template is available at: https://github.com/ntop/ntopng/blob/dev/httpdocs/misc/ntopng_template_elk6.json <https://github.com/ntop/ntopng/blob/dev/httpdocs/misc/ntopng_template_elk6.json>

ntopng automatically pushes it to ES when it detects it's version 6.

Simone

Re: Elasticsearch 6.6.2 and non-standard index names [ In reply to ]
Correct.

We didn't want the template to be possibly applied to all the ES indices with potentially unpredictable behaviors, so we used the prefix ntopng-

Simone