60 Gbp traffic monitoring with sflow
Folks,

We have 60Gbps peak bandwidth usage on our public with ISP and now i
want to monitor data usage with sFlow and wanted understand that does
ntopng can handle that level of traffic or sample rate?

Do i need any special configuration to handle this?
Do i need special hardware ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Re: 60 Gbp traffic monitoring with sflow [ In reply to ]
Hello Satish,

We have users doing 20+ Gbps with sFlow using the combination of nProbe + ntopng. sFlow is a sampling technology so, assuming sampling rates are configured opportunely, you won't have any issue.

See https://blog.sflow.com/2009/06/sampling-rates.html for recommended sampling rates.

For a guide on how to setup the collection using nProbe and ntopng see this blog post: https://www.ntop.org/nprobe/sflow-collection-and-analysis-with-nprobe-and-ntopng/

Simone

Re: 60 Gbp traffic monitoring with sflow [ In reply to ]
Hello Satish,

Re: 60 Gbp traffic monitoring with sflow [ In reply to ]
Thanks for reply,

Based on document 1Gbps = 2000 sample rate so in my case I have 80Gbps link speed and my traffic rate is 60Gbps so should I do 60x2000=120000?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: 60 Gbp traffic monitoring with sflow [ In reply to ]
Thanks for reply,

Re: 60 Gbp traffic monitoring with sflow [ In reply to ]
I would start experimenting with one in 6 * 2000 = 12 000 and see. Then you can adjust depending on the volume of traffic generated / possible load on the switches / detected sFlow drops.

Re: 60 Gbp traffic monitoring with sflow [ In reply to ]

Re: 60 Gbp traffic monitoring with sflow [ In reply to ]
Thanks Simone,

I will try that, but big issue currently NTOP licensing :( i have very
high traffic so 24000 flow limit ran over in 5 minute or so, is there
a way i get get demo for 24 hour or so to get good time to understand
and device to buy product?

Is it possible to get little longer period license?

Re: 60 Gbp traffic monitoring with sflow [ In reply to ]
Thanks Simone,

Re: 60 Gbp traffic monitoring with sflow [ In reply to ]
> On 25 Mar 2019, at 16:32, Satish Patel <satish.txt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Simone,
>
> I will try that, but big issue currently NTOP licensing :( i have very
> high traffic so 24000 flow limit ran over in 5 minute or so, is there
> a way i get get demo for 24 hour or so to get good time to understand
> and device to buy product?
>
> Is it possible to get little longer period license?

Sure,

Contact us at https://www.ntop.org/support/need-help-2/contact-us/ and request for a demo.

Re: 60 Gbp traffic monitoring with sflow [ In reply to ]
Thanks Simone,

I have requested for demo via your link, is it possible get 1 or 2
week demo to explore every single option before we go and buy real
product.