Phone: 780-638-2739
Fax: 780-483-8632
Helpdesk: 1-888-999-3356
Email: gbeekmans@tsag.net<mailto:gbeekmans@tsag.net>
Santa Fe Plaza
18232 - 102 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB T5S 1S7
http://www.tsag.net<http://www.tsag.net/>
Re: Filter time series charts [ In reply to ]
Hi Gerard,

Right now, this is how you can implement the view you request:

?- If the networks are not spread across multiple collectors and are
some defined set, you can define local networks globally to get charts
by local networks:
https://www.ntop.org/guides/ntopng/basic_concepts/hosts.html#local-hosts .

?- You can also group hosts by local network, ip address or mac address
on a collector interface basis by the means of "Host Pools". Please
check out
https://www.ntop.org/guides/ntopng/web_gui/hosts.html#host-pools . You
will need to enable Host Pools timeseries generation in order to see the
charts.

Please note that currently in ntopng the charts/report information is
not generated "on demand" but rather it is precomputed periodically
during the monitoring. This means that you can't currently apply a
dynamic filter like subnet filter on the charts page. However, we have
implemented a new flow database storage which would allow us to be more
dynamic on such kind of queries, although we still have to evaluate the
possible drawbacks of such a dynamic approach.

Regards,

Emanuele

Re: Filter time series charts [ In reply to ]
Thank you, I will give that a try.

Any thoughts on the other emails I sent yesterday? Maybe this isn't the best place to use up the 5 days of included installation support that comes with activating the licenses?

Re: Filter time series charts [ In reply to ]
Hi Gerard,

If you need installation/configuration assistance please contact us
privately.

Emanuele