(Either from Ntop testing, or perhaps people's experience in the fields)

Regards,
Victor
Re: What is the minimum added latency from inline Ntopng Edge? [ In reply to ]
Hi Victor
on a low-end embedded system (600Mhz) we measured an avg
added latency of ~0.15 msec, and a max of ~1.75 msec, with
respect to a clean linux bridge.

Regards
Alfredo

Re: What is the minimum added latency from inline Ntopng Edge? [ In reply to ]
Hi Victor

Re: What is the minimum added latency from inline Ntopng Edge? [ In reply to ]
Hi Alfredo,

That is very helpful.

We are looking at virtualising Ntopng Edge using KVM on a test Dell server
with Intel E5-2640(2.50 Ghz, 6-core) and 96GB of RAM.

Question 1 - I assume your 600Mhz test was bare-metal, correct?

Question 2 - Would we be looking at numbers quite similar to this? (I
assume there is some kind of ceiling for performance).

Question 3 - Which upgrade would have the biggest improvement on latency?
(e.g. more cores, faster clock-speed, faster SSDs, more RAM etc.)

Question 4 - Are there any caveats with virtualising Ntopng Edge with KVM?
Is this expected to affect performance, and if so, any guidelines to
mitigate it?

Question 5 - How can we measure our own latency? Does Ntopng Edge have some
kind of diagnostics mode, or debug page which presents this data?

Thanks,
Victor

Re: What is the minimum added latency from inline Ntopng Edge? [ In reply to ]
Hi Alfredo,