port on the switch - and then connect this to the second NIC on the
nProbe/ntopng machine. We can then use nProbe to send the traffic as
Netflow data to Elastiflow (https://github.com/robcowart/elastiflow), and
also analyse it on the box itself via ntopng.

Is something like this possible on the same machine? What is the best way
of setting this up?

Regards,
Victor
Re: Using both nprobe and ntopng on the same box? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Sure you can do that on the same machine.

This is a basic configuration of nProbe and ntopng is as follows:

./ntopng -i tcp://127.0.0.1:5556 <tcp://127.0.0.1:5556> -m <one or more subnets of interest>

<ip address of elastiflow>:<port of elastiflow> is where elastiflow is listening for incoming netflow
<elastiflow netflow version> is the netflow version elastiflow is expecting
<one or more subnets of interest> a comma separated list of networks, eg., "192.168.2.0/24, 192.168.3.0/24"

Regards,
Simone

Re: Using both nprobe and ntopng on the same box? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Re: Using both nprobe and ntopng on the same box? [ In reply to ]
Victor
yes you can collapse both apps on the same box, but make sure you
understand that the main cost (in terms of CPU and memory will be ELK)

Please see
https://www.ntop.org/nprobe/network-monitoring-101-a-beginners-guide-to-understanding-ntop-tools/

Regards Luca