Hello forum:

I would like to build my own TAP, probably based on the ROCK64 :-)

Packet loss is often an issue with (aggregating) TAPs.... For my use
it would be ok to limit the network traffic
(by he TAP) according the write speed of the USB III - harddisk.
Is that possible? How?
Thank you in advance for any feedback!
Joe
Re: mini TAP with special features [ In reply to ]
Hi Josefh,
I use a Rock64 with an external USB3 ethernet exploiting the Linux kernel bridge to implement the bump-in-the-wire. The device is fast enough for a couple of hundred Mbits (I have not written traffic to an external hard-drive so i can’t comment on speed even thought it seems to be not slow at all

Regards luca