Mailing List Archive

n2n is back!
Hi all,

it is finally time to restart development activities in n2n whose code is available at https://github.com/ntop/n2n. The advent of the cloud, privacy concerns on the Internet, mobile users now producing a large amount of Internet traffic, require a secure network overlay such as n2n to build upon.

Initially designed to solve our connectivity issues created by NATs, we believe it is now time to refresh it and serve modern user needs. The first activity we would like to do is to merge mack in the n2n repository all the changes and patches made by various developers in the past web years, and open the n2n repository to everyone who would like to contribute, this to store all the code in one single place.

Then I want to split n2n in a library plus the applications so that apps can easily embed n2n without the complexity of starting the edge app but to join the n2n overlay as necessary. We also need to simplify n2n a bit (there are many CLI parameters in n2n we would like to make optional), make it DPI undetectable so that people will have hard time blocking it. In essence there is a lot of work in front of us, and we need help. Please contact us if you want to join the n2n team.

Cheers Luca