Also we are using grafana for visualization and I used the ntopng datasource plugin to get the data and feed it to dashboard. The ntopng datasource plugin capture the host & interface details and concatenated into single field. Below is an example,

host_fe80::c980:c679:3387:2945_interface_eth0_traffic_total_bytes

If it has more host and interface details the dashboard will be very huge and looks will not be in the right manner. So we want the ntop data to be stored in Elasticsearch and do the analysis for that we need some help about the ntop API details.

Please check and share us the documentation it would be very useful.

Regards,
Ganeshbabu R

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information of Microland Limited, including information protected by privacy laws. It is intended only for the use of Microland Limited. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Although Microland has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, Microland cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments. Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. Recipient should check the email and any attachments for the presence of viruses before using them. Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Microland.

This email may be monitored.
Re: Required more information about ntop API details [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> On 19 Apr 2018, at 08:38, Ganeshbabu Ramamoorthy <GaneshbabuR@microland.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> We are using ntop for monitoring the network traffic flow. Since we want to do further analysis on the data and do some predictions.

What kind of predictions are you doing? Can you share some results?

> We would need some additional details related to ntop.
>
> If there is any ntop API available to access the data? Please share the documentation

There are several ntopng endpoints that returns JSON data but, currently, there is no public API officially released (see ntopng lua files that start with get_). This means that you can query ntopng and use the JSON but the fields can change at any time without notice.

> Also we are using grafana for visualization and I used the ntopng datasource plugin to get the data and feed it to dashboard. The ntopng datasource plugin capture the host & interface details and concatenated into single field. Below is an example,
>
> host_fe80::c980:c679:3387:2945_interface_eth0_traffic_total_bytes
>
> If it has more host and interface details the dashboard will be very huge and looks will not be in the right manner.

Can you explain?

> So we want the ntop data to be stored in Elasticsearch and do the analysis for that we need some help about the ntop API details.

elastic search export is supported, check option -F

Re: Required more information about ntop API details [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Re: Required more information about ntop API details [ In reply to ]
Hi Ganeshbabu,

Please check out the following documents for information:

??? - ntopng lua api:
https://github.com/simonemainardi/ntopng-docker/blob/master/Linux%20Day%2028%20Ottobre%202017.pdf

??? - elastic search json fields:
https://github.com/ntop/ntopng/blob/dev/src/Flow.cpp#L1799

??? - elastic search documentation:
https://github.com/ntop/ntopng/blob/dev/doc/README.elasticsearch

For a pretty example of grafana dashboard based on ntopng please check
out these user contributions:

??? https://github.com/ntop/ntopng/pull/1746

??? https://github.com/ntop/ntopng/pull/1745

If you want improve the grafana export, please feel free to share the
contribution on github.

Regards,
Emanuele