¿Coudl it be configured to inspect the traffic inside the ERSPAN and show
the real application?

Saludos.
Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]
ntopng decapsulates GRE tunnels by default. nprobe needs the following option to account for decapsulated traffic:

[--tunnel|-5] | Compute flows on tunnelled traffic rather than
| on the external envelope

Simone

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]
Hi,
I am using ntopng and it shows traffic flows as gre, instead of the real
traffic.
Do i have to enable any option?
Greetings

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]
As you can see from https://github.com/ntop/ntopng/blob/dev/src/NetworkInterface.cpp#L1521 <https://github.com/ntop/ntopng/blob/dev/src/NetworkInterface.cpp#L1521> ntopng decapsulates GRE traffic. Are you using the latest version? Can you enclose a pcap file so we can try and reproduce?

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I am using v.3.3.180125 version. I send you attached an small pcap.

Greetings

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]
I have upgraded to v.3.3.180301 and I still see GRE traffic.

Greetings.

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]
Thanks for providing the pcap. We have added GRE ERSPAN detunneling in https://github.com/ntop/ntopng/commit/9d82df748f27da6bc7c51e7e726600b09670c518 <https://github.com/ntop/ntopng/commit/9d82df748f27da6bc7c51e7e726600b09670c518>

Please check it out and report. Thanks,

Simone

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]
Sorry, I am quite newbie at this? what do i have to do? update? overwrite a
file?
Greetings!

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]
Just wait until tomorrow (new builds are being generated) ad update ntopng to the latest 3.3 version.

Simone

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I have updated to latest version but now I am unable to dump any packet. It
does not even generate the pcap folder on interface folder.

Greetings.

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Is the ERSPAN traffic detunneled? Do you get flows in the web interface? Please also send the ntopng logs and make sure folders permissions are read+write for the user who is running ntopng.

Simone

Re: Ntop and ERSPAN [ In reply to ]
Hi,