Host Name vs Further Host Names/Information
Dear all,

On the host detail panel, some time the Name and Further Host Names/Information fields have different hostname.

1/ Where these information come from ? ( DNS requests, ... )
2/ We use DHCP server for laptop. How to configure NtopNG to refresh the data when the lease has expired, or is it Laptop configuration issue to update the DNS records ?

Thx & rgds,
Christophe.

[cid:image003.jpg@01D3B0BB.DDCDA090]
Re: Host Name vs Further Host Names/Information [ In reply to ]
Hi Christophe,

The host name information into ntopng comes from the DHCP, MDNS and
NetBIOS. Moreover, if you enable DNS resolution (see -n option), ntopng
will also decode/perform DNS queries to resolve host names.

When the DHCP lease expires, your clients will perform a new DHCP
request with hostname info and ntopng will update the client host name.

Regards,
Emanuele