Mailing List Archive

almost no traffic seen in ntopng
Hi,

Current setup :

- Ntopng on Debian 9.3, installed on a HP ProLiant DL 380 G9

- Physical network TAP between main Cisco < outbound > firewall and network core

- both monitoring ports plugged into separated NICs

I should be seeing a lot of traffic, but can only see 2 cisco routers talking to a centreon server
(SNMP trafic, not VLAN tagged)

These are the NICs i'm using :
[cid:image003.jpg@01D39081.E60710C0]
[cid:image008.jpg@01D39081.E60710C0]

I've tried :

- setting the NICs to fixed IPs (tried 10.0.0.X/8, 192.168.1.x/24), didn't work

- setting the NICs to auto, didn't work
Also gave a shot at bonding, but don't seem to be able to make it work
FYI, the network i'm on heavily uses VLAN tagging, and is spread on the 10.179.XXX.XXX/24 range
each VLAN being associated with the third set of the IP (eg range 192.179.166.xxx/24 is VLAN 166, etc)

[cid:image009.jpg@01D39081.E60710C0]

On both NICs, i both tried to manually set up the 1GbE full duplex speed or let it on auto.

I'm currently trying to set VLAN tagging on the NICs, but seems i am utterly failing.
[cid:image010.png@01D39081.E60710C0]

I'm only running the demo version, as i do not want to deploy the enterprise key to a setup that might go down
(the plan at first was to put the server into an ESX VM, with a passthrough for the listening NICs)

I'm currently at a loss, unsure of what is wrong with the setup, and what i should be looking into

Regards,
Quentin Bibas