Mailing List Archive

nDPI entries
Hi,
I’m evaluating ntopng, and so far it’s looking good. One of the problems I need to solve before we commit, is that the application information for DPI doesn’t seem to be editable. For example, OpenVPN is known, but not on a non-default port. I would like to be able to create a new entry for various internal protocols – is there any guidance on this?

Re: nDPI entries [ In reply to ]
Hi,
if this is the case then it’s a bug as we should be able to detect it regardless of the port. Please file an issue on https://github.com/ntop/nDPI/issues and attach a pcap we can use to reproduce the defect

Thanks Luca

Re: nDPI entries [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Re: nDPI entries [ In reply to ]
To create new entries for internal protocols see https://www.ntop.org/ndpi/configuring-ndpi-for-custom-protocol-detection/ <https://www.ntop.org/ndpi/configuring-ndpi-for-custom-protocol-detection/>
You can either use ports, as well as host names/ip addresses.

Simone

Re: nDPI entries [ In reply to ]