Mailing List Archive

INSTALLATION OF NTOPNG AND NPROBE ON THE SAME WINDOWS 2012 SERVER
Guys, good afternoon.

This week I bought ntopng enterprise and nprobe pro, both in the version for the Windows operating system.

I downloaded the applications on the site and installed them, ntopng and nprobe, as well as the redis servers, Winpcap, and everything else that the installation required.

All the services are active in Windows and I can access the ntopng through the web, using the safari of my notebook.

However, from what I can see, ntopng only shows the communication information it has made with it, not receiving and displaying any traffic from the remote routers that are sending netflow packets on port 2055 via UDP protocol.

I'm trying everything, but I can not solve this problem, which was the main motivator for this acquisition, that is, checking and managing the traffic of my remote routers via netflow packages sent by them.

During the acquisition, I was informed that it could take up to 5 days to contact the company support, to guide me on how to make the system work correctly, ie, the network routers send netflow packets on port 2055 of the UDP protocol , nprobe receives these packets and forwards them to ntopng, to show the traffic of those devices, the traffic sent by the netflow packets from the remote routers.

Could someone help me with this?

First how do I get access to ntop company support? I have sent several messages through the site, reporting the problem and even if I understand that I have a right to reply, no one responds to my contacts. How can I do to talk to them? Has anyone tried to access the support?

Second, could you help me on how to make the system work? I have already performed some guidelines in the manual but still ntopng does not present the netflow information of the remote routers. In ntopng I see the udp packets on port 2055 arriving at the server, but I do not see the nprobe receiving these packets and presenting them to ntong, that is, it is as if nprobe was not running, receiving netflow traffic from the remote routers.

What should I do to resolve this problem?

Also, I would like to say that both applications, nprobe and ntopng are installed on the same machine that owns the windows 2012 std operating system.

The nprobe version is 8.2.171203 and the ntopng version is 3.2.171203.

Thank you guys.

Wagner Santos Noronha

Brazil
Re: INSTALLATION OF NTOPNG AND NPROBE ON THE SAME WINDOWS 2012 SERVER [ In reply to ]
Hi Wagner
as I have replied you earlier you need to configure ntopng and nprobe as collectors. See also https://www.ntop.org/nprobe/advanced-flow-collection-with-ntopng-and-nprobe/ <https://www.ntop.org/nprobe/advanced-flow-collection-with-ntopng-and-nprobe/>

Regards Luca

Re: INSTALLATION OF NTOPNG AND NPROBE ON THE SAME WINDOWS 2012 SERVER [ In reply to ]
Hi Wagner