Mailing List Archive

Can't Connect after 3.2 Update
Updated our Windows 7 64 ntopng Pro installation and now cant connect to it
via 127.0.0.1:3000, or from a remote machine.

It was running OK with nProbeWin-x64-7.5.161102 and
ntopng-2.4.160627_1-x64. I stopped the redis 2.4.6, nprobe & ntopng
services, deleted the nprobe service, ran the nProbeWin-x64-8.2.171203
installer with host 127.0.0.1 & port 2055 & order ID, then the
ntopng-3.2.171203-x64 installer (cancelling winpcap, C++ & redis installs),
& rebooted. Cant connect..

redis & nprobe services are running but ntopng service is stopped. After a
manual service start it stops almost straight away.

Searching C: doesnt find ntopng.log. There must be a log somewhere? I
thought it was here: C:\Windows\Temp\Ntopng.log and Im wondering if it was
cleaned away by CCleaner. I made a dummy ntopng.log there and restarted the
ntopng service but it was not written to.

Windows Event Log ID 2: "..The following information was included with
the event: 13/Dec/2017 11:28:04 [exportPlugin.c:256] ERROR: Version
mismatch detected: plugin disabled. The specified resource type cannot be
found in the image file."

There are a lot of queued APPCRASH Windows Error Reports report.wer for
ntopng, all since the update. Nothing stands out to me, but I can send one
if it may be helpfull (each is 86 lines long)?

Do I need to remove ntopng with CMD ntopng /r
and then reinstall with CMD ntopng /i and our local options?
I "think" we had these options:

net start ntopng /"-I 0"" /"-F
"mysql;localhost;ntopng;flows;admin;admin;""

Thanks so much. This is impressive software. - Chris
Re: Can't Connect after 3.2 Update [ In reply to ]
Chris,

Yes, please send one error report.

Also try to temporarily remove ntopng from the services with /r and run it in the foreground with /c. This should print out errors directly in the terminal.

Simone

Re: Can't Connect after 3.2 Update [ In reply to ]
Chris,