if the host is flagged as 'local host' and has not a private ip i can
define thresholds for the host (example is attached).

is there a reason why i cannot define thresholds for hosts with a
private ip or is it a feature of my setup ?

i'm using ntopng Enterprise Edition v.3.1.170907

many thanks in advance!

best,
rocco
Re: ntopng: no alert threshold definition for hosts with private ip [ In reply to ]
Rocco,

You can define alerts only for "Local Hosts". Make sure to specify them in CIDR notation using option -m.

Regards,
Simone

Re: ntopng: no alert threshold definition for hosts with private ip [ In reply to ]
Rocco,

Re: ntopng: no alert threshold definition for hosts with private ip [ In reply to ]
hi,

thanks for the answer!
maybe i was not clear in my last email. i see the issue when the host is
flagged as 'local host' and 'private ip'.

cheers,
rocco

Re: ntopng: no alert threshold definition for hosts with private ip [ In reply to ]
Rocco can you please file an issue here: https://github.com/ntop/ntopng/issues <https://github.com/ntop/ntopng/issues>
Make sure to report as much information as possible to allow us to reproduce. Include screenshots, host ip, etc.

Thank you

Re: ntopng: no alert threshold definition for hosts with private ip [ In reply to ]