Does the -f option work on win32 ? I tried targeting dumpfiles created from Snort on a PC and from
Tcpdump on a Solaris machine. NTOP just keeps giving me the command option list instead of
processing the file specified as -f <file.name>.
Re: -f Traffic Dump file playback [ In reply to ]
David,
it should work however you should check whether your ntop build contains
-f support.

Cheers, Luca

David Moore wrote:

> Does the -f option work on win32 ? I tried targeting dumpfiles created from Snort on a PC and from
> Tcpdump on a Solaris machine. NTOP just keeps giving me the command option list instead of
> processing the file specified as -f <file.name>.

Luca Deri NETikos S.p.A.
Via Matteucci 34/B 56124 Pisa, Italy.
Ph. +39/050/968.639 Fax. +39/050/968.626
Email: luca.deri@netikos.com
WWW: http://luca.ntop.org/ ICQ: 68183632
Software is about stuff, about getting hands dirty - Jim Coplien
Re: -f Traffic Dump file playback [ In reply to ]
Thanks, I got it working.

It turns out that the "f" option is missing from the list of options available in "main.c" at

line #139
#ifdef WIN32
//theOpts = "ce:F:hr:p:i:nw:m:b:B:D:s:P:R:S:gt:a:W:12";
theOpts = "ce:f:F:hr:p:i:nw:m:b:B:D:s:P:R:S:gt:a:W:12";

I added it back in and now it reads dumps.

Sessions problem!

Reading a small dump file turns out to be an excellent demonstration of the session loss problem
that has crept into NTOP sometime in the March-April time frame.

Read a dump file with a session. If you check under IPPROTOS/SESSIONS quickly, you'll see the
session. However, after an internal cycle, (30 seconds or so), the session gets wiped out.