frequent this would happen.
The kernel is 3.10.0-1062.9.1.el7.x86_64 and the NIC is a intel X520 duel
port.
I also installed a intel 82599 duel port and it works fine, it appeared
there was something wrong with x520 and pfring zc driver.

Any comment?

Regards,
Wang
Re: enable RSS cause kernel crashed [ In reply to ]
Hi Wang
did you update from a previous pf_ring version that was working with no crashes?
Can I see the zcount command line which is causing this?
Weird this is happening with X520 and not happening with 82599 as they should
behave the same, need to investigate. What 7.6 version are you running exactly?
Could you provide cat /proc/net/pf_ring/info?

Thank you
Alfredo

Re: enable RSS cause kernel crashed [ In reply to ]
Hi, Alfredo
I did try some earlier version, like 7.5.0 but the management port of my
host was killed if I enable RSS. So I have to upgrade to 7.6.0, maybe you
will remember that case.

After some work on this, I have found a fast way to reproduce this issue. I
wrote a test program and ran it on my host. If I run this program before
packets are injected into this host, everything works fine. but if I inject
the packets first, the machine will reboot after I start this test program,
immediately.

And here is the information in /proc/net/pf_ring/info:

PF_RING Version : 7.6.0
(7.6.0-stable:0e07b27c0d593174584de79e273470366a91d307)
Total rings : 0

Standard (non ZC) Options
Ring slots : 65536
Slot version : 17
Capture TX : Yes [RX+TX]
IP Defragment : No
Socket Mode : Standard
Cluster Fragment Queue : 0
Cluster Fragment Discard : 0

The source code of my test is attached, and it can be compiled with:
gcc -o test main.c -lpthread -lpcap

Thank you for any help.
Wang