So, is this still zero copy? it means I cannot use zc api with
zbalance_ipc?*

*Thanks*
Re: confused abount ZC Load-Balancing [ In reply to ]
Hi
please use zcount_ipc to attack to a ZC queue created by zbalance_ipc,
the zcount example you are using is meant to be used to capture from
an interface (it creates a cluster).

Alfredo

Re: confused abount ZC Load-Balancing [ In reply to ]
so is this because the zc queue created by zbalance_ipc is a software queue? If I use rss to do the load balance, will zcount work?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: confused abount ZC Load-Balancing [ In reply to ]
Correct. A zbalance_ipc queue is a software queue belonging to the
cluster created by zbalance_ipc. You can use zcount to open a RSS queue.

Alfredo

Re: confused abount ZC Load-Balancing [ In reply to ]
is there any difference between the performance of these two?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: confused abount ZC Load-Balancing [ In reply to ]
Do you mean between hw distribution with RSS and
software distribution with zbalance_ipc?
The former provides higher performance, the latter
higher flexibility.

Alfredo

Re: confused abount ZC Load-Balancing [ In reply to ]
Mr. Alfredo, Many thanks for all these helpful information.

Wang

Sent from my iPad