Mailing List Archive

Query regarding zc driver & license
Hi team,

If we use optimized zc driver from pfring package and open the device in normal mode(non zc mode) in our software. We have observed a better performance than using standard drivers available On the server. Please validate if this observation is correct? Do we need to still buy ZC license for that interface ?

Regards,
Chandrika

Sent from my iPhone
Re: Query regarding zc driver & license [ In reply to ]
Hi Chandrika
you do not need a licenze to use the adapter in standard mode, even if you are loading
a ZC driver. Please note that ZC drivers are patched Intel drivers, which are slightly different
from vanilla linux driver: I would not expect huge performance differences, however there
could be some difference.

Alfredo