Mailing List Archive

PF_RING on buildroot
Hi all,
around mid 2018 I worked on a patch for allowing pf_ring to be built
on buildroot: tha patch was included in 7.4.0 and I'd like to share
possible uses.

Buildroot (https://buildroot.org/) is a very well-maintained and
active project which supports lots of different boards and
architectures: I'll explain how to build a minimal image, containing
pf_ring and userland applications, that can be run on a beaglebone
black board; it's trivial to do the same for raspberry-pi or other
systems.

I've created a github fork of buildroot: let's start with cloning the
project and switching to the pf_ring branch, based on latest buildroot
(2019.08) and pf_ring 7.4.0-stable

git clone git@github.com:zinosat/buildroot.git
git checkout 2019.08-pfring

Now we need to configure for the beaglebone black

make bbb_pfring_defconfig

Finally, build the images

time make

The result can be found in output/images. To copy the image file to
the sdcard use dd:

$ dd if=output/images/sdcard.img of=/dev/XXX

That's it.

I can provide a pre-build image: it's 14Mb gzipped and I don't know
where to upload it

regards,

Davide